Jim's Blog

Hello and welcome to my blog. This blog will be used primarily (or rather ONLY) for posting research and work I've done for I-media. So yeah...knock yourself out.

Sunday, October 4

Decisions and Process of Panorama 2.

Update 1 (03/10/09):


(Ignore black marks)

Panorama 2 is at the middle of Seaford Head and like the first one I am having issues with the lighting, except the issues I have with this particular Panorama are a lot more difficult to solve due to the abrupt change from bright to dark where the sun is.

As I go through this Panorama blending, I am using the same techniques as I did with the previous one. The only slight difference is that when selecting the 'Levels' layer (which is of course linked to a image layer) I hit 'alt' and 'backspace' at the same time.

Doing this turns the 'Levels' layer mask into black. This allows me to to lighten certain parts by going over them with a white brush.

However, even with these various techniques I have used I still find it difficult to make the lighting perfect on this particular panorama and I have also noticed that changing the lighting too much can make the lighting appear very unnatural.

It is also much easier to blend the sky than the ground or the grass because when I blend the sky I don't get any blurring issues.



This is an example of blending I have done with the sky. If you look from left to right you can see that it goes from darker to light. However, there are no obvious issues as it blends quite seamlessly.

This is an example of me blending the grass quite well but as a result am getting a slight blur. Of course in order to fix this I will have to play with the lighting and the brushes until it's a lot less visible. Note that this blur is only really more noticeable when zoomed in like this screenshot here and is a lot less noticeable at normal zoom.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home