Jim's Blog

Hello and welcome to my blog. This blog will be used primarily (or rather ONLY) for posting research and work I've done for I-media. So yeah...knock yourself out.

Monday, May 30

Changes to my site.

Despite receiving positive feedback on my initial website design I still needed to make changes. The reason for this is that I needed to bear in mind the coding challenges my mockup would bring to me.

I spoke with my classmates and after receiving helpful advice I decided to change to some extent the design for my site. One of the major reasons was to try and make a large portion of the design using only CSS code to drastically reduce loading times as my initial design was made up entirely of images.


The navigation I have made using only CSS. I have used text links with a hover state on the background so when the mouse hovers over a text link the background around the text link with darken.

As you can also see I have kept the swirl pattern in and hanging from two grey lines that spread across. I used a rounded border for the content box.

Everything apart from the pattern and the logo has been done in CSS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home